Please note – the Clinical Pharmacy Research Grant submission runs from the beginning of January 2016 with a deadline date on 4th May 2016. Interviews will be held on the 12th of July 2016.
The United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA) & Pharmacy Research UK Clinical Pharmacy Research Grant is primarily aimed at pharmacists wishing to conduct clinical pharmacy research projects in the UK.
The focus of this grant is to support pharmacy practitioners who wish to develop their research skills and in doing so build relationships with the academic community, attend formal training programmes and seek mentors.
The funds available in 2016 are for two projects of up to £20,000 per project.
To be considered for funding the project must:
- Apply directly to the definition of pharmaceutical care as described by Hepler & Strand (1990): “The responsible provision of drug therapy for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life.”
- Be aligned with Pharmacy Research UK and UKCPA organisational objectives
- Have a clear research question or hypothesis
- Have robust methodology
- Have clear, defined and measurable outcomes
- Be completed within 12 months (unless under exceptional circumstances such as significant delays outside the control of the project team)
- Have a Lead Applicant who is a current member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and the UKCPA
- Be conducted in the UK
- Request no more than £20,000
Please download the Clinical Pharmacy Research Grant application form